Information and Guidelines Covid-19
Every pupil in years 7 -11 should wear:
- School tie - red and navy stripes (available at the school or shops)
- A knitted navy blue v-neck jumper with official logo. The school promotes Look Around Sport, Brodwaith and Orchid Fashion, and Rapscaliwn as our main suppliers
- Blouse / Shirt - plain red with collar and long sleeves (short sleeve in summer – not a 'polo' shirt)
The uniform for year 12 and 13 is slightly different: v neck navy blue jumper withe the 6th form logo and white shirt.
Boys and Girls:
- Trousers - black of conventional length and width (not jeans, cords, denims,chinos).
- If a belt is worn it must be plain black
- Girls are permitted to wear a navy/black knee length skirt if desired)
- Plain black or navy socks (or black/navy tights for girls if desired).
- Trainers (no black soles);
- Plain black or navy shorts; Red football socks; Red T shirt and blue piping;
- Convertible Rugby shirt with navy stripe;
- Optional: Football Boots; Shin pads for football
For Health and Safety reasons, and to avoid the problems that inevitably arise when losses occur pupils are prohibited from wearing
(i) Jewellery e.g. necklaces, bangles (except watches)
Pupils are permitted to wear one “stud” in each ear only.
- SHOES – low-heeled, plain black shoes which are suitable and safe for school should be worn. Platform soles, high heeled shoes (heels must be no higher than 4 cm), trainers, boots e.g. “UGGS” and sandals are not allowed – as they detract from the appearance of the school uniform. No badges or insignia other than official school badges may be worn with school uniform.
- COATS - Cheap, dark, plain coats are recommended. Denim jackets and hoodies are not allowed. It is important to choose a raincoat or anorak carefully to avoid glaring colours and fashionable motifs. No coats, scarves or headgear to be worn inside the building.
- In addition to the items specified, the appearance of pupils must be acceptable to the Head teacher. Hair should not be artificially coloured or styled/cut in an extreme fashion and the wearing of make-up is prohibited. Hair accessories e.g. flowers are not allowed.
- A school bag suitable for carrying files, books and sports clothing should be used (or an additional suitable bag could be used for carrying sports clothing)
- All personal possessions should be clearly marked with the owner’s full name